Monday, November 3, 2008

The Happening


I am such a big Night Shyamalan fan!!!! I love all his eerie movies and they spook the hell out of me. I first regret not watching this in the theatre and secondly not watching it on Halloween night. The whole build up is fantastic and the scene of construction worker walking off the edge of the tall building is simply awesome. It delivers on the chills. thrills and gore that one expects from his movies. The Alma character is a little weird. The way the whole concept of the plants/trees and toxins is brought in is a little stupid too especially given that it is the weird nursery guy who says it. Not to say that the concept in itself is bad. I think it is interesting and they could probably have given further details/explanation to show my Eliot starts believing in it. The old lady who lives by herself, a fantastic character to scare the crap out of you. A highly recommended watch if you are into Night Shyamalan movies:)

No comments: